If your employer does not offer adequate health insurance, it’s imperative that you purchase your own health insurance for you and your family. Life is unpredictable as we go about our day the unexpected can happen; a car accident, sports injury, heart attack or virus. Whatever the health issue, the costs of medical treatment can be astronomical! To protect your finances health insurance is a smart choice for everyone young and old.
Finding suitable health insurance can be very confusing. The Affordable Healthcare Act has changed the way we buy health insurance. The new requirements and regulations can be confusing. Fortunately, the Independent Agents at Assurance Total Protection can help you find the health insurance coverage that makes sense for you and your family.
There are different types of health insurance, including;
• PPO – With this Preferred Provider Organization;
1) At a large savings you can choose a physician and services from a list of preferred providers.
2) Referrals are available to providers outside the network who provide services at the PPO rate.
3) At a higher cost, you can choose providers outside the network.
• POS - With this Point of Service Provider;
1) You can select a primary care physician in the plan network.
2) Choose healthcare from outside the network.
3) You must have complete documentation and receipts if you choose services outside the network, in order for those services to be covered.
•HMO – With Health Maintenance Organization;
1) Your primary care physician must be in the plan network.
2) You pay a certain amount every month which covers your care.
3) At the time of service, you pay a small co-pay.
• HSA – With the Health Savings Account;
1) You have a tax-advantaged savings account, like an IRA.
2) With pre-tax dollars, you pay into an account.
3) Normally, you have a high deductible.
• Short Term Health Plans – This is short-term coverage;
1) Can be purchased for 30 days to one year when there’s a lapse in your coverage. If pays for regular doctor’s visits and major medical care.
2) You choose your health providers, hospitals and clinics.
3) A deductible and co-insurance is paid out of pocket by you.
•Affordable Health Care Act – This plan was developed to insure that everyone would receive basic healthcare coverage, including those with pre-existing conditions. In order to better understand the Act, speak with an Assurance Total Protection, Independent Agent.
Choosing health insurance can be a formidable task and it’s not always easy to understand. Do you have too much insurance, or not enough? With deductible choices, coverage levels and more, it’s very difficult to choose the best health insurance for you and your family. That’s why choosing health insurance online, may not be the wisest choice.
With Assurance Total Protection, you’ll work with an Independent Agent, who will offer you an array of options for your health insurance. Why choose from one company that offers you only one choice?
The professional, Independent Agents, at Assurance Total Protection, will review health insurance options from the top insurance companies, and choose the one that offers you the best coverage, at the best price.
Your ATP Independent Agent, will search options that suit your unique situation, such as your income. They’ll save you money by bundling your home and auto insurance for an added discount. The Independent Agents at Assurance Total Protection do all the work for you, searching the marketplace to find you the best coverage, at the most economical price. With Assurance Total Protection on your side, you can’t go wrong.